GM Mode, which was one of the best features of the SmackDown vs. Raw games, makes its return in WWE 2K22 as MyGM. There are some key mechanics that veterans might be familiar with, as well as concepts that newcomers would want to learn about. Here’s our WWE 2K22 MyGM guide to help you with your draft picks, show booking, recruitment, superstar popularity, and more.
Note: For more information, check out our WWE 2K22 guides and features hub.
WWE 2K22 MyGM guide – Tips for the draft, show booking, recruitment, and more
WWE 2K22 MyGM mode – Choosing your GM and show
MyGM in WWE 2K22 is a head-to-head competition between two brands. You can face off against the AI or one of your buddies to see which show has better ratings after several weeks. Here are the GMs that you can choose from, as well as their perks/Power Cards:
- Adam Pearce: Instigator – +1 rivalry level.
- Sonya Deville: A Superstar’s GM – +15 morale.
- William Regal: Legend Whisperer – The first legend you sign will be free.
- Shane McMahon: Coast to Coast – GM interferences this week give +2 show bonus and are free to book.
- Stephanie McMahon: The McMahon Presence – Earn twice as much money from arena attendance this week.
- Custom Superstar/CAW: Beginner’s Luck – +20 popularity for the superstar with the lowest popularity in your roster.
Although there are four brands to choose from in WWE 2K22‘s MyGM mode, only two will be competing against each other. You’re also not allowed to create a custom brand. Here are your options, as well as their power cards:
- SmackDown: Birth of Legends – +6 popularity to six random superstars.
- Raw: This is War – Three random superstars on the opposing brand can’t be booked in next week’s matches; can’t be used prior to a PPV.
- NXT: Fighting Champion – Title matches booked this week will gain a large ratings boost.
- NXT UK: International Takeover – Your network deal (i.e., extra cash) is tripled if you gain fans this week. Otherwise, it will only be doubled.
WWE 2K22 MyGM mode – Customizing your draft pool and choosing wrestlers during the draft
After picking a GM and a show, you’ll see the settings panel. Here, you can change the difficulty, duration of the competition (i.e., number of weeks), and draft pool. If you set it to custom, you’ll be able to see all the wrestlers that can be selected. You can tweak the following:
- Status – Active, inactive, or if they’re considered legends (more on this later). This is also where you can toggle created superstars/CAWs if you want them to appear.
- Popularity – The popularity value of a superstar determines how many fans (and money) they’ll be able to draw. This will also affect their salary.
- Role – Face or heel. Ideally, you’ll want face vs. heel matchups to get a ratings/fan boost due to the added drama and tension.
- Class – This is a wrestler’s specialty or archetype. Some matchups might give bonuses, like Bruisers vs. Fighters.
As for WWE 2K22‘s draft in MyGM mode, you and your opponent will take turns alternating when choosing wrestlers to join your roster. Pay attention to the following:
- Each show has a starting budget of $2,750,000.
- After your eighth draft pick, you can opt-out to save cash, or you can keep drafting to beef up your roster.
- Take note of how much money you’re spending on your athletes (i.e., higher popularity usually means higher costs).
- Getting too many main eventers will cause a huge drain on your budget. You can consider having a few mid-carders as well.
- Look at the face or heel roles of each superstar so you always have that dynamic in rivalries.
- Each show only has one championship for the men (i.e., world title) and one for the women. These are assigned once you conclude the draft. There are no secondary or tag titles.
WWE 2K22 MyGM mode – Booking a show and other mechanics to consider
Once you’re ready, you can book your shows in MyGM mode. You’ll have regular shows for four weeks, followed by a PPV:
- Regular shows can have three matches and two promos. PPVs can have four matches and three promos.
- The only matches allowed are one-on-one and two-on-two (i.e., tag team). There are no triple threat, fatal fourway, or battle royale matches. However, you can still pick stipulations such as hardcore/extreme rules, tables, TLC, and so on.
- Promo options can help increase a superstar’s popularity rating, make them call out a rival/start a rivalry, change from face to heel and vice-versa, obtain more case, or gain more fans.
- Take note of a superstar’s stamina, which will have a significant drop depending on match types and how often you book them.
- You can simulate your entire show, as well as your rival’s, to speed up the process. Alternatively, you can play the matches on your show, too.
- At the conclusion of each week, you’ll see how much money you earned, how many fans you gained, and the ratings of each match. You and your rival will also be judged accordingly depending on how many fans tuned in to your respective shows.
This panel lets you select arenas, crew, special effects, and advertisements:
- Arenas – Bigger arenas mean larger crowd capacity, more expensive tickets (i.e., cash inflows), and better show quality.
- Crew – Improved show quality.
- Special effects – Improved show quality.
- Advertisement – Improved show quality and additional fans.
Note: Some selections also have optional goals that provide additional bonuses to participants.
Manage Roster: Legends and free agents
The legends in your WWE 2K22 MyGM mode campaign are assigned by default, or those that you toggled if you chose a custom draft pool prior to starting. They tend to be fairly expensive, though they’ve also got decent popularity. If you picked William Regal as your GM, make sure you activate the Legend Whisperer card so that the first legend you recruit that week is free (they’ll also have a 10-week contract to boot).
Free agents, meanwhile, are wrestlers that you didn’t choose during the draft. You may also see random generic wrestlers here.
Note: Keep each wrestler’s contract status in mind. You don’t want that contract to expire when you need them the most.
You start WWE 2K22‘s MyGM mode with at least two Power Cards: one from your GM and one from your show. The rest are acquired as you progress. Remember to check the descriptions since these will either take effect during that week or the coming week.
Ideally, you’ll want to use several during a PPV (i.e., improved ratings, improved rivalries, free advertising, free arena use, and/or free special effects). Since PPVs draw a lot of fans and money, maximizing your profits would be ideal at this stage.
Journal and WWENet: Commissioner Goals, morale, and keeping promises
The Journal tab tells you if Triple H, who acts as the commissioner for all brands, has a particular objective. For instance, he might want you to book a certain wrestler. Alternatively, he might tell you not to book them. He could also ask for a specific match stipulation that week. Completing this task nets you an extra Power Card.
As for WWENet, this is where you’ll see additional messages from Triple H or various superstars once a show has ended. Wrestlers might suggest forming a tag team with a buddy, getting a title shot opportunity, or seeing themselves in the main event. Likewise, you might be asked to do a GM Interference on behalf of a wrestler (which you can toggle when booking a match). Keeping your promises will increase a superstar’s morale. Conversely, declining their suggestion or outright forgetting to act on it will cause a drop.