Rage Axe is a new ability that you can acquire in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarok. It’s a powerful move that allows you to unleash a deadly combo. Here’s our Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarok guide to help you get the Rage Axe ability.
Note: For more information, check out our Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarok guides and features hub. Likewise, we suggest taking a look at our world map fast travel and points of interest guide.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarok guide – How to get the Rage Axe ability
The Rage Axe ability in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarok has the following effects:
- Base – Perform a series of axe hits which stun the enemy. Press Shift + left-click at the right time to do an uppercut finisher (this consumes an extra Adrenaline bar). The perfect timing here would be at the end of the third hit just before the enemy gets tossed away (if it’s still alive).
- Upgrade – After the uppercut finisher, the enemy is struck by lightning and pushed back.
You can find Rage Axe in two locations. While no specific order is required, I’ve written these down based on their proximity to Jordber Shelter, your initial base in Svartalfheim.
Uldar is a large dwarven city found south of Jordber Shelter. From the fast travel point, do a leap of faith to reach the street level. You should find a lift right in front of you. Ride it to reach a rooftop and climb the cliffside. As you can see in the image above, there’s a cavern to the left with a light beam “puzzle.”
Okay, I used the term “puzzle” loosely. Although there are several receivers here, all you need to do is interact with the pedestal and aim at the crystal in the middle. This will cause the laser to get refracted everywhere. You’ll then find the Rage Axe tome in the leftmost room.
The village of Alethorp is in the southwestern section of Vangrinn, almost at the opposite side of the map from Jordber Shelter. If you ping the map, you’ll notice that the tome is underground.
To get it, ping the map to reveal the Brann mob. You’ll need to kill this fella to obtain its key.
You should be able to enter the house. Inside, there are floorboards that can be destroyed so you can drop down.
In the cellar, there’s another light beam puzzle. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go through the only opening and interact with the pedestal.
- Fire the beam to the left to open the door. You can push the second pedestal outside, then aim it at the central dais (though nothing would happen right now).
- Interact with the first pedestal and rotate it so you can fire a beam at the receiver on the opposite side of the room.
- This lets you enter that area, which has, you guessed it, another pedestal. Fire it at the receiver in front so you can get an orb.
- Place the orb in the central dais.
- Go back to the first pedestal and aim it at the one that can be pushed. This laser will now hit the center.
- Rotate the central device so that the beam strikes the doorway with the tome. That’s it, you’ve obtained the Rage Axe ability in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarok.