The Hugr-Rip is an ornate bracelet in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarok. Made by the dwarves, it can greatly benefit you in battles and exploration. Here’s our Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarok guide to help you with the Hugr-Rip powers and upgrades.
Note: For more information, check out our Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarok guides and features hub. Likewise, we suggest taking a look at our world map fast travel and points of interest guide.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarok guide – Hugr-Rip powers and upgrades
Obtaining the Hugr-Rip
The Hugr-Rip in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarok is obtained fairly early on in the campaign. By aiding Sigrun and Halstein, you’ll be given the bracelet after it’s discovered behind a niche.
From here, some enemies that you encounter may have symbols on their corpses. These are powers that you can obtain, though you’re only limited to two by default. As such, you’ll want to equip something that will remain useful in most situations.
Recharging the Hugr-Rip
The Hugr-Rip starts with one energy bar, but you can upgrade it to have two later on. Once you activate a power, its energy will be fully depleted. After the effect’s duration is over, you may recharge it again through the following means:
- Hugr-Blooms (i.e., flowers)
- Yggdrasil Shrines (you’ll lose some HP)
- Enemy kills
Upgrading the Hugr-Rip
The Hugr-Rip upgrades in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarok are acquired once you have enough materials. Simply visit a blacksmith in any Dwarven Shelter, and they’ll get straight to work.
Generally speaking, all upgrades require Silica. Meanwhile, the specific upgrades for each power require materials from certain mobs.
Here’s where you can find these upgrade materials:
- Silica – Obtained from Mylna raid locations.
- Giant Feather – Can be looted from Giant Ravens. You can jump off the cliff where Jordber Shelter is. The plains down below have Giant Ravens that you can take out.
- Magma Blood – Dropped by Muspel enemies; guaranteed drops from Brann and Ash-Bringer mobs.
- Living Spark – Dropped by Muspel enemies; guaranteed drops from Flame-Keepers.
- Jotun Seidr – Dropped by Jotun enemies; guaranteed drops from Jotnar-Djevelen.
- Frozen Blood – Dropped by Jotun enemies; guaranteed drops from Jotnar-Guld.
Note: You can spend 10x Silica to gain a second Hugr-Rip energy meter.
Power of Muspelheim
- Basic effect – Lava and fire no longer inflict damage; giants perceive you as a Muspel until provoked; lasts 25 seconds.
- Materials – Silica and Magma Blood.
- Upgrade: Muspelheim Endurance – Duration increased to 35 seconds.
- Upgrade: Muspelheim Fury – Perform a heavy attack to cause an explosion.
Power of Rebirth
- Basic effect – Set your weapon ablaze to ignite enemies; deceased foes are resurrected to fight by your side (does not apply to bosses); lasts 40 seconds.
- Materials – Silica and Living Spark.
- Upgrade: Shield of the Draugr – Decrease damage taken by 20%; enemy attacks still inflict damage but they no longer interrupt you.
- Upgrade: Instant Horde – Automatically resurrects nearby dead enemies to fight on your behalf (does not apply to bosses).
Power of the Raven
- Basic effect – Transform into a raven so you can reach new heights; significantly speeds up traversal since you no longer have to climb as is; lasts 30 seconds or until you land.
- Materials – Silica and Giant Feather.
- Upgrade: Raven Endurance – Duration increased to 50 seconds.
- Upgrade: Raven Assassin – Allows you to do an air assassination while transformed as a raven; automatically lands as you turn back into your humanoid form.
Power of Jotunheim
- Basic effect – Aim and shoot with your bow to teleport to World Knots (i.e., red markers); giants perceive you as a Jotun until provoked; lasts 25 seconds. This power tends to be used often when you’re trying to look for treasure chests or ability tomes.
- Materials – Silica and Jotun Seidr.
- Upgrade: Jotunheim Incarnate – Increase this power’s duration by 15 seconds for every undetected assassination while you’re still under the guise of a Jotun.
- Upgrade: Jotunheim Assassin – You can teleport to an enemy to assassinate them. This can be used even when your target has already seen you.
Power of Winter
- Basic effect – Deal 30% more damage to Muspel giants; gradually freeze enemies as you attack them; frozen enemies can be shattered; lasts 20 seconds.
- Materials – Silica and Frozen Blood
- Upgrade: Winter’s Wrath – Shattering a frozen enemy causes a frost explosion.
- Upgrade: Stabbing Cold – +10% damage; increases the freezing rate when you attack hostiles.
Note: Some locations in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarok do require a specific Hugr-Rip power to be activated to make traversal easier. Thankfully, the corpses that have these powers tend to be nearby. Alternatively, you can visit Kara’s Domain. There are slain enemies here that have these different abilities.