As you explore the shattered mind of your character in Far Cry 6 Vaas: Insanity, you’ll obtain temporary Powers. They’re basically passives that boost your character’s capabilities. They can be replaced, and they’re lost if you die. Here’s our Far Cry 6 Vaas: Insanity DLC guide to help you with the best Powers to buff your character.
Note: For more information, check out our Far Cry 6 guides and features hub.
The best Powers in Far Cry 6 Vaas: Insanity
Sources of Powers in Far Cry 6 Vaas: Insanity
Powers look like corrupted hearts. There are several ways to obtain them:
- Open the locker in the Compound or Safe House and check the Temporary Powers tab. You can purchase something that you might need.
- Randomly dropped by enemies.
- Guaranteed to drop if you kill golden gophers. These little critters can sometimes spawn as you’re exploring the map. They’ll scurry away, so make sure you have a strong weapon that can take them out quickly.
- Guaranteed to drop from ornate chests (the ones with three glowing circles).
- After completing Mindfuck Puzzles like Checking Out and The Balancing Point, you’ll see several pedestals with Powers.
- After completing Citra’s Trials, you’ll receive a Power called Standing Still. This is akin to an extra life or 1-up.
The temporary Powers that you’ll want to pick up
- Bounty – Receive cash from enemies killed by takedowns.
- Med Pack – Carry more Health Syringes (+1 capacity).
- Silent Killer – Silenced weapons deal additional damage. If you’ve upgraded your weapon cases, such as the ones for the pistol, machine gun, or sniper rifle, then you can reroll mods until those armaments have a silencer.
- Stalker – Greatly reduces movement noise while crouched. This is amazing for stealthy playstyles.
- Silent Sprint – Greatly reduces movement noise while sprinting. Another good option for stealth.
- Unflinching – Resist all knockdown effects. This is useful in all situations since hostiles can no longer kick you down to the ground when you’re close to them.
- Fire Protection – Improves fire defense. Useful in multiple encounters, including main missions like Radio Play and Birthright.
- Shakedown, Deep Pockets, and Mercenary – These Powers increase the amount of cash that you can collect.
- Still Standing – This is one of the best Powers in Far Cry 6 Vaas: Insanity since it gives you an extra life. Instead of dying immediately, your health will be restored.
What about the ones I don’t need?
You have to purchase extra slots if you want to equip additional Powers. If you find something that you don’t need, simply sell it by pressing the “Z” key. You may also replace one that’s already equipped if you discover a better alternative. Oh, and each Still Standing power sells for a whopping 1,000 cash, too. This is one of the best methods to farm cash in the DLC.