Far Cry 6 Vaas: Insanity is a rogue-lite. That means you’ll lose a lot of stuff if you die. But, in case you need to take a break, you can unlock Safe Houses on the island. You can visit these locations once you spend cash on a Mirror trait (i.e., anything besides the healing syringes that you get by default). Just remember that each spot will have an encounter against your rival. Here’s our Far Cry 6 Vaas: Insanity DLC guide to help you with all Safe House locations and Jason Brody battles.
All Safe House locations and Jason Brody battles in Far Cry 6 Vaas: Insanity
Quitting the game while inside the Compound or Safe Houses
The Compound is your base of operations when you start out. It’s also where you’ll respawn if you die or reload your run. It has a mirror for unlocking permanent traits/perks and a weapon locker that has all the guns from Armory Challenges. As for the Safe Houses in Far Cry 6 Vaas: Insanity, there are three of these as you’ll see on the map below. They, too, have skill mirrors and weapon lockers.
As mentioned earlier, this is a rogue-lite DLC. We want to avoid deaths as much as possible because, barring the weapon cases, permanent traits, and power slots that we’ve unlocked, we’ll end up losing everything else. But, here’s what happens if you quit the game while inside the Compound or a Safe House:
- You will still retain your loadout and inventory (i.e., equipped weapons, powers, and cash).
- You will only lose mission progress — this means all the locations that you’ve cleared and all Silver Dragon Blade pieces that you’ve found. Even the Safe House that you were just in will need to be cleared again if you want to have access.
- If you want a full run where you’ll clear everything, you have to be in it for the long haul (no quitting in the middle of a run). Still, the Compound and Safe Houses should let you retain your loadout to help you get back on your feet.
The Jason Brody battles
Before you can unlock Safe Houses, though, you need to defeat Vaas’ nemesis, Jason Brody. There will always be one fella in each location and a couple of wild animals. If you can kill them all quickly, then the Safe House will be available for use. If roughly 10 seconds pass, then additional soldiers will spawn and you need to take them out as well.
Here are the Jason Brody archetypes and wild animals in each Far Cry 6 Vaas: Insanity Safe House:
- Beach – Brody with an auto rifle and two crocodiles.
- Jungle – Brody with a sniper rifle and two panthers.
- Volcano – Brody with a flamethrower and two dogs.