The Lost Valley is a new domain in Genshin Impact, which was added as part of the version 2.6 update. Although it should appear on your map, there’s something that you’ll need to do first before you can access it. Here’s our Genshin Impact guide to help you unlock the Lost Valley domain in The Chasm. You’ll be able to acquire the Vermillion Hereafter and Echoes of an Offering artifact sets therein.
Note: For more information about the game, check out our Genshin Impact guides and features hub.
Genshin Impact guide – How to unlock the Lost Valley domain for the Vermillion Hereafter and Echoes of an Offering artifact sets
To unlock the Lost Valley domain in Genshin Impact, make sure you’re doing the Surreptitious Seven-Star Seal Sundering quest, as it’s bound to lead you to The Chasm’s surface. After talking to several NPCs, you’ll be able to explore the overworld and the location will be visible in the northwestern portion of the zone (i.e., Fuao Valley).
When you get there, you’ll see a sealed tunnel and several mobs will fight you. Eliminate them and check the stone plate on the floor. Here’s what you need to do:
- Place a Geo construct on the stone plate (i.e., Zhongli’s pillar or the Geo Traveler’s barrel).
- Turn around to see a bunch of wind rings in mid-air. Travel through the rings until you reach the resonance boulder.
Once you’re on the boulder, hit it with any melee attack (a single sword swipe would do). This will cause the resonance to ripple outward. Once the effect destroys the Geo construct on the plate, it will remove the tunnel’s seal. Congratulations! You’ve now unlocked the Lost Valley domain in Genshin Impact.
Note: If you jump down the pit, you can follow the cavern to find a Luxurious Chest.
Enemies in the Lost Valley domain in Genshin Impact
The Lost Valley domain in Genshin Impact has a Ley Line Disorder (i.e., modifier) wherein elemental skills will cause an AoE blast. This makes spammy characters, such as Yae Miko, fairly useful.
As for enemies, the level 90 version pits you against 1x Ruin Grader, 1x Ruin Cruiser, and 1x Ruin Destroyer.
New artifacts in Genshin Impact – Vermillion Hereafter and Echoes of an Offering
The two artifact sets that you can acquire in this domain are:
- 2-piece: +18% ATK.
- 4-piece: Using an elemental burst procs the Nascent Light effect (+8% ATK for 16 seconds). When the character’s HP decreases, ATK will be increased by 10% (can occur up to four times).
- Tip: This is viable for a character like Xiao.
Echoes of an Offering
- 2-piece: +18% ATK.
- 4-piece: When normal attacks hit an opponent, there’s a 36% chance to trigger the Valley Rite effect (increases normal attack damage by 70% of ATK). If a normal attack doesn’t proc Valley Rite, then the odds of it triggering are further increased by 20%.
- Tip: This can be useful for characters who spam normal attacks often. Examples include Yoimiya and Ayato. However, be reminded that this set relies primarily on a proc and not a flat increase unlike, say, the Gladiator’s plus elemental bonus set cookie-cutter option.