The Lumenstone Adjuvant is a new gadget in Genshin Impact. You can only use it while you’re in The Chasm’s underground zone, but it’s quite integral for progression and exploration. Here’s our Genshin Impact guide to help you with the Lumenstone Adjuvant upgrades, rewards, and general usage.
Note: For more information about the game, check out our Genshin Impact guides and features hub.
Genshin Impact guide – Lumenstone Adjuvant upgrades, rewards, and usage
You’ll obtain the Lumenstone Adjuvant in Genshin Impact after you’ve destroyed the Bedrock Keys to gain access to The Chasm proper. Once you drop down the pit to start the Chasm Delvers quest, NPCs Zhiqiong and Jinwu will hand over the item.
From this point onwards, you can collect glowing crystals called Lumenspar that can be handed over to Jinwu.
The Lumenstone Adjuvant in Genshin Impact has 10 upgrade ranks. Here are some tidbits regarding the rewards and effects:
- If the gadget is equipped, you can obtain light charges through various means (i.e., glowing flies, Seelie, spectral lights, and totems). The light charges are denoted by small pips above your character’s nameplate and HP bar.
- Charges are used to activate totems, light up lanterns, unlock special chests, and more.
- The default level (rank 0) has only one light charge. Each subsequent upgrade increases the number of charges/pips.
- Rank-ups grant Adventure XP, Mystic Enhancement Ores, and Mora. The most important rewards are the Crown of Insight (rank 4), 2x Intertwined Fate (rank 8), and the Lumens Stone of Light namecard (rank 10).
- All upgrade ranks require 8x Lumenspar crystals each. However, a select few also need Lumenstone Ores. For the Lumenstone Ores, I was able to find these after completing Zhiqiong’s Commissions, upon activating the Stony Halls mechanism, and in a campsite just before the chamber with the large crystal.
- Reaching rank 2 early on is very important, as it unlocks the Blooming Light ability. With the gadget equipped, you can press “Z” to cause a burst of light that destroys corrupted ooze growths. This is necessary if you want to activate the Stony Halls mechanism so you can progress further.
Much later, you might be able to hit rank 6. This lets you destroy stronger barriers that look like pulsating purple walls (as seen in the image above).
The rooms beyond tend to have at least one Lumenspar crystal. Likewise, there may be an extra Precious Chest or a floor puzzle.